PROJECT NAME : Pattaya Rehabilitation
Owner : Public Works Department
Client : Team Consulting Engineers Co.,Ltd.
Location : Pattaya, Chonburi Province, Thailand
Period of Services : 1993 – 1994
Project Cost : Approx. 1,000 Million Baht
Scope of Services and Description of Duties :
The project consisted of feasibility study and detailed design of land reclamation of 120 rai, passenger port and related facilities, and beach nourishment of 2.7 km. long. The scope of service provided by ATT were:
• Field investigation in coastal engineering, e.g. wind, wave, tidal current and sand transport measurement
• Coastal engineering study:
• Change of tidal current pattern in Pattaya bay due to the project components using mathematical model.
• Change of seasonal sand transport rate at Pattaya beach and shoreline due to the project components
• Detailed design of seawall (dike) and wave protection around the reclamation area.
• Detailed design of pier structure and fender system.