PROJECT NAME : Feasibility Study of Tak Bai Jetties
Owner : Harbour Department
Client : Harbour Department
Location : Tak Bai District, Narathiwat Province, Thailand
Period of Services : 1993 – 1994
Project Cost : Approx. 80 Million Baht
Scope of Services and Description of Duties :
Tak Bai river mouth is frequently closed due to a huge sand transport. Dredging of sand accumulated then a construction of the river mouth is performed yearly. In order to avoid yearly dredging establishment of jetties was proposed to prevent sand transport at the river mouth. The scope of the study was:
• Site investigation, e.g., topographic survey, bathymetric survey, boring and wave measurement
• Coastal engineering study on sand transport rate and shoreline change due to jetties
• Erosion protection structures, e.g., grain, offshore breakwater
• Preliminary design of jetties, navigation channel, navigation and bank protection and grain.
• Construction planning and cost estimate
• Economic evaluation
• Environmental impact assessment.