PROJECT NAME : Laem Chabang Port Project, Phase 2
Owner : Port Authority of Thailand (PAT)
Client : Port Authority of Thailand (PAT)
Location : Laem Chabang, Chonburi Province, Thailand
Period of Services : 1996 – 2001
Project Cost : Approx. 10,000 Million Baht
Scope of Services and Description of Duties :
In order to meet the rapidly increasing demand of the services for large cargo and container vessels of the port facilities, PAT decided to extend the existing Basin between the existing facilities and Khlong Bang Lamung for the phase 2 project.
The Phase 2 development will be characterized by strong private sector participation. All container terminal will be leased by private investors. The extension site consists a piece of flat coastal land covered with old burrow pits, fish ponds and marshy topography and an open sea area up to about 8 meter depth. The terminal construction induces 4,100 meter long wharf consisting of four container terminals of 500 meter long each and two container terminals of 700 meter long along both sides of Basin 2. At the end of the basin, a passenger terminal will be constructed.
The consortium comprising PCI, AEC, TEAM and DORSCH provides full range of consultancy services for the project including feasibility study, environmental impact assessment, detailed design, bidding evaluation and construction supervision. ATT, a subsidiary of TEAM Group of Companies, provides the services on:
• Hydrographic survey, e.g. current measurement, sediment transport measurement, bathymetric map.
• Detailed engineering design, and cost estimate
• Concrete Caisson wharf in 16 m water depth
• Drainage system including diversion canal
• Electrical system including switchyard
• Waste water treatment system
• Water supply system
• Tender document for the project
• Construction supervision on
• Land reclamation
• Marine structures including concrete caissons.